Strategies and campaigns in Linkedin
Why LinkedIn Strategies?
The platform has established itself as a key channel in terms of B2B communication. The presence of brands on LinkedIn is no longer recommended, it is mandatory – not only in terms of building employer branding and corporate image, but also in the implementation of strategies to achieve business goals of the brand. The social network provides specific opportunities to reach the target audience, which are not available on other platforms, which makes it an integral part of the strategy of B2B and part of B2C companies that offer high-end products.
The steps in building a successful strategy are:
- Evaluation of the business page on LinkedIn, analysis of the campaigns conducted so far.
- Recommendations for improving and including new campaign optimizations, additional formats and audiences.
- Outlining specific goals related to the main business goals of the brand and in accordance with the available opportunities.
- Setting a work plan to achieve the set goals in terms of appropriate types of campaigns, formats and optimal budgets.
- Planning opportunities for further development in the future that would arise as a result of proper management of the current strategy.
What goals can you achieve with LinkedIn campaigns?
At the next stage – the Consideration phase, when the audience is still considering, we focus on convincing them of the qualities of the product / service. By using engaging formats (posts, videos) that emphasize the benefits, we generate traffic to the website where they can read more information. We can choose from three types of campaigns:
- Website visits – Generate traffic to a website or event.
- Engagement – generating engagements (likes, comments, clicks, etc.) with content, as well as generating new followers.
- Video views – generate video views.
- Lead generation – collecting data from people who have shown interest in the product or service by filling out a contact form directly on LinkedIn. The advantage of this form is that it can connect directly to the Lead Management platform.
- Website conversions – generating specific actions of a website that are relevant to the business (registration, purchase, inquiry, etc.).
- Job applicants – promotion of a job advertisement.
What are the key elements of (successful) LinkedIn campaigns?
The key messages suggest a clear and precise statement of why it is important for the user to learn what we want to tell them. On LinkedIn, it is recommended that messages be personalized to the target we reach, as the level of personalization of the text depends on the stage of the user, as well as the refinement in targeting that we can afford.
How do we create content for LinkedIn campaigns?
- The content should add value to the target, indicating a solution to a problem that has not been clear to the user so far.
- It is recommended that the publications do not repeat information already known to the audience.
- It is good that the main part of the posts is focused more on the value of the product / service and the specific situations in which it is applicable, than on its specifics.
- It is important that the content is short, written in understandable language, and provides clear guidance for the user’s next step.